This is a contentious question; ask 5 nutritionists and you will get 5 different answers. This is because different superfoods have different qualities. For example, it would be difficult to find a vegetable that has higher levels of Vitamin K than Kale or fruit with higher Vitamin C than Guava.
However, although open to interpretation, we feel that the following are good contenders for a place in the top 20.
- Wheatgrass - a powerful superfood with high levels of Vitamins A, B5, B12 and E
- Kale- an excellent source of folate, zinc, calcium, iron and Vitamin K
- Blueberries – High in fibre and antioxidants
- Almonds – Packed with heart-healthy fat
- Kefir- Full of calcium, Vitamin B and protein
- Garlic – Contains Vitamin C, B6 and selenium
- Ginger – A great antioxidant
- Turmeric – Containing curcumin and antioxidants
- Avocado- Full of heart-healthy fats
- Beetroot – Containing B Vitamins, potassium, manganese, and iron
- Barley grass – Rich in Vitamins A & C providing antioxidants
- Matcha tea – High antioxidant levels
- Mushrooms – Especially Reishi which is nutrient and antioxidant-rich
- Goji berry – High levels of fibre, iron, Vitamin a and c
- Cacao- Packed with flavanoids
- Maqui berry- Rich in antioxidants
- Pomegranate- One of the most antioxidants rich fruits
- Spinach- Filled with nutrients, iron and fibre
- Tomato- Nutrient rich and a good source of Vitamin C
- Banana - The original superfood
A convenient way to get your superfoods is in a juice. Our organic superfood juices are flash frozen to preserve the maximum nutrients and packed in convenient 28ml sachets. To order yours simply visit our shop today.
Please note, as per 1st January 2010 European and UK law forbid us to imply or claim non-drug products to be a treatment, cure or prevention of diseases or medical conditions. We comply with these regulations. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by Trading Standards, the US Food and Drug Administration or any other regulatory body.