We know that a diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables - will keep us as healthy as possible, energise us and give our bodies the best chance of fighting illness and infection.
We also know that there are factors which could increase our likelihood of getting cancer:
- Nutrient-depleted foods
- Low fibre intake
- Eating processed meat
- Imbalance of omega 3 and omega 6 fats
We also know there are factors which may lower our cancer risk:
- Flax seed
- High volume of fresh fruits and vegetables( particularly green vegetables, high in chlorophyll)
- Allium vegetables ( onions and garlic)
- Cruciferous vegetables ( cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli)
Michael S Donaldson. Nutrition and cancer: A review of the evidence for an anti-cancer diet starts off by summarising his findings, having reviewed 238 published articles on the topic. He concludes that between 30 and 40% of all cancers can be prevented by lifestyle and diet.
That’s great but how can we incorporate enough healthy foods and vegetables into our diet?
Well, juicing raw vegetables, and particularly green vegetables, adding a spoonful of omega 3 to the mix- is a hugely easy and very effective way indeed!.
Some foods are particularly helpful to eat/juice as they contain a very high level of chlorophyll and other nutrients, there are the foods we call Superfoods and Wheatgrass Juice is a very good example of a superfood.
Facts about wheatgrass juice:
- 1 oz Wheatgrass Juice contains as much Vitamin E as 700 gr of broccoli
- 100g wheatgrass contains weight for weight: 270% more Vitamin A compared to broccoli
- 1600% RDA of B12 – that is almost as much as in shellfish!
- 17 times more Vitamin B5 than banana
- 7.5 times the amount of precious green chlorophyll than broccoli
To conclude organic wheatgrass juice can definitely help as part of a healthy and nutritious diet. Click here to read more on Michael Donaldson’s article or to order your organic wheatgrass simply visit our shop.
Please note, as per 1st January 2010 European and UK law forbid us to imply or claim non-drug products to be a treatment, cure or prevention of diseases or medical conditions. We comply with these regulations. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by Trading Standards, the US Food and Drug Administration or any other regulatory body.