You may remember that earlier this year we launched our new compostable bags and as many of you have now received them, we thought now would be a good time to give you a little more information about this packaging and why we feel so passionately about it.
Over 2 years ago we embarked on a journey to find a solution to become more environmentally friendly in our packaging whilst still being able to deliver our frozen produce to you in good condition. After much research we settled on our 'Earth pouches' that you now receive.
We are extremely proud of our new wheatgrass juice bags and how it helps us to do our bit for the environment and thought you would like to know why we love our bags:
- 100% plastic free and made out of eco paper,
- Gone in the home compost within 6 weeks,
- You can recycle in paper stream and is gone is 6 weeks,
- Endorsed by the UK Recycling Association,
- Glue and ink are both eco friendly and compostable,
- Can be re-used for fun garden activities or lunch boxes
In a nutshell, these bags have completely resolved in 6 weeks when composted. This is quite something when other non-eco solutions will be around for over 500 years. We think that's something worth celebrating.
With all developments there is always room for improvement and if you have any suggestions to further help us develop our packaging in an environmentally friendly way, please let us know here
To order your wheatgrass juice in our new bags shop here