FAQ Image 3
Frozen Wheatgrass Juice is just as potent and nutritionally rich as freshly juiced Wheatgrass Juice.
Freezing foods or juices dramatically slow down molecular activity, it doesn’t stop or kill it. The lower the freezer temperature, the slower the molecular activity and better quality of the food. Our juice is kept at -30°C and the quality of the juice is just fantastic.
In terms of wheatgrass juice, the frozen LiveWheatgrass is vastly better than the fresh wheatgrass you can buy or make your-self through the wheatgrass trays. The question should be re-phrased to be: What is the difference between out-door grown wheatgrass compared to indoor tray-grown?
The advantages of outdoor grown wheatgrass compared to indoor grown:
- Root system grows 6x deeper, as ours grown in real organic soil on fields outside.
- Growth cycle is 2-3 months compared to 14 days in tray-grown, increasing the nutritional value immensely!
- Chlorophyll levels are 50% higher in outdoor grown, as it grows in natural day light over 2 to 3 months.
- Simple sugars are eliminated in outdoor grown and are converted in nutrients.
- There are no detectable moulds when grown outdoors in real soil- so none of the side-effects incorrectly characterised as “detoxification”.
- The juice tastes dramatically better in outddor grown as it is clean from mould and sugars.
The problem with indoor grown wheatgrass:
- Indoor grown wheatgrass grows in shallow plastic trays with only a small amount of compost (if at all any!).
- The plants grow in artificial lighting and therefore only contain 50% of Chlorophyll compared to outdoor grown plants.
The mould issue with indoor grown wheatgrass:
- While tray growing may be hostile towards wheatgrass, it is very supportive of moulds.
- Moulds release peculiar little poisons called mycotoxins, which can make the juice taste terrible and cause side effects like nausea, dizziness and headaches.
- Wheatgrass juice properly grown outdoors tastes very pleasant. So if you have had a bad wheatgrass juice experience, try our juice. It will amaze you.
The power of flash freezing foods:
- Britt Cordi, PhD, developed through her enzyme research the specialised production method PLANT OPTO? process. This includes a specialized flash or blast freezing method which ensures the juice is frozen within minutes.
- Flash frozen fruits and vegetables do not lose their potency because flash freezing is dramatically different than slow freezing.
- When you slow freeze something in your freezer at home, large ice crystals form and the food gets torn up from the inside out causing them to thaw with significantly different characteristics than when they entered the freezer.
- Flash frozen foods are frozen with an overwhelming amount of cold, which causes rapid freezing and prevents the formation of large ice crystals.
- As a result, the food maintains its taste, texture, colour and nutrition.
- In reality, most frozen foods are actually better than fresh because they are harvested at their peak and flash frozen rather than being picked green and ripening inside their shipping containers.
You can see from the table below that the antioxidants and chlorophyll keep at stable levels for over 2 years in a normal household freezer compared to freshly juice wheatgrass juice.
Research conducted by University of Plymouth in an independent study.