There are lots of plants that contain iron, and that's great news for vegans.
One of the most common nutrient deficiencies in the world, it's easy to top up on if you eat the right things.
In the UK, it is recommended that most adults have a dietary iron intake of 8.7mg (milligrams) per day and that when menstruating you should have a higher intake of 14.8mg.
Sources of iron
Good plant sources of iron include:
- Lentils, chickpeas, quinoa
- Beans, tofu, cashew nuts,
- Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds,
- Kale, spinach, Britt's Superfoods Blended Greens juice
- Dried apricots and figs, raisins,
There are several factors that influence how much iron your body absorbs, for example vitamin C increases iron absorption.
Good sources of vitamin C include:
- Pepper, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts,
- Kiwifruit, oranges, strawberries, pineapple, grapefruit and orange juice.
- Britt's Superfoods Elixir Vitality juice
To get your vitamin boost, try one of our superfood juices and enjoy how it makes you feel. to order yours visit our shop here today.